Updating Callouts in ST2

Hi all,

I have just moved to SE ST2 from V20, and have some problems converting an old macro:

In the Draft environment, i have a callout that holdes a custom property, and a macro that changes the property.

In V20, after changing the properties, i used the command "ObjDftDoc.UpdatePropertyTextDisplay" and the callout was updated. in ST2 - it just doesn't completly work. after the command, i need to change the zoom and only then i see the updated property.

The same thing also happens by clicking manually on the "Update Views" (Home Tab, Drawing views Group) command - the callouts will be updated only after changing the zoom...

Anyway - i found out that clicking on "Update all" button (Home tab, Property text Group), the callouts are updated. my problem is that i dont know how to activate this command using the API, and didn't found anything helpfull in the "Help".

Can you help me please to get to this command? it's Command ID is 10180.

Thanks,

Pasha.

Posted by: Pasha Vaks
Post date: 4/12/2010 11:23:52 PM

3 REPLIES

RE: Updating Callouts in ST2

Hi Pasha,

I use 'objDoc.UpdatePropertyTextCacheAndDisplay' for updating property text after changing custom fileproperties.

Good luck.

Wouter (Erwo)

Posted by: Wouter Sloof
Post date: 4/13/2010 5:16:51 AM

Hi Wouter

i tried to do that too.. got exactly the same result

BUT, I found out a way to make it work: after updating the properties, i use objDftDoc.Activate - it updates the callouts!

another weird  thing is, that if i print the file before activating (only after updating the props) - it prints the callouts with the new property contents that should be there, but i still see the old one.

Thanks anyway..

Pasha.

Posted by: Pasha Vaks
Post date: 4/14/2010 4:21:17 AM

I was having the same problem as Pasha,

Adding the objdoc.active to the code worked a treat, Thanks

S.

Posted by: Steve Gardner
Post date: 6/15/2010 3:27:00 AM