Updating Project Information Properties

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to write some code to modify the properties on the Projects tab for a large number of SE files, I have the following code but it doesn't seem to do anything (no errors - but no changes to the properties!), is there something obvious I'm doing wrong? 'Function to set file properties for a Solid Edge document. Dim objPropertySets As SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets = Nothing Dim objProperties As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Properties = Nothing Dim objProperty As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Property = Nothing Dim objMyProperty As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Property = Nothing Try objPropertySets = New SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets objPropertySets.Open("C:\part.par", True) objProperties = objPropertySets.Item("ProjectInformation") objMyProperty = objProperties.Item("Document Number") objMyProperty.Value = "TESTVALUE" objPropertySets.Save() objPropertySets.Close() Finally If Not (objMyProperty Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objMyProperty) objMyProperty = Nothing End If If Not (objProperty Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objProperty) objProperty = Nothing End If If Not (objProperties Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objProperties) objProperties = Nothing End If If Not (objPropertySets Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objPropertySets) objPropertySets = Nothing End If End TryI'm using SE ST3 32bit with MP01 installed on Win7 64bit (I've set the target platform in Visual Studio to x86)Any ideas??

I have also tested the following code to add a Custom Property and this works fine: 'Function to set file properties for a Solid Edge document. Dim objPropertySets As SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets = Nothing Dim objProperties As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Properties = Nothing Dim objProperty As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Property = Nothing Dim objMyProperty As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Property = Nothing Try objPropertySets = New SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets objPropertySets.Open("C:\part.par", False) objProperties = objPropertySets.Item("Custom") objProperties.Add("MyCustomProp", "Test Value") objPropertySets.Save() objPropertySets.Close() Finally If Not (objProperty Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objProperty) objProperty = Nothing End If If Not (objProperties Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objProperties) objProperties = Nothing End If If Not (objPropertySets Is Nothing) Then Marshal.ReleaseComObject(objPropertySets) objPropertySets = Nothing End If End TryAny help greatly appreciated!! Thanks.Alex.

Posted by: Alex Lush
Post date: 1/19/2011 2:52:20 AM

6 REPLIES

RE: Updating Project Information Properties

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

See the 2nd parameter of the Open method. It's a Boolean readonly flag and you're passing True in the first example.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 1/19/2011 3:12:53 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Duh!!! You know that feeling when you've been starring at code so long that you don't see the blindingly obvious!!

Thanks Jason

Posted by: Alex Lush
Post date: 1/19/2011 3:17:55 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

No worries.  We all need a 2nd set of eyes sometimes.  That's what is great about collaboration with colleagues whether it be at work or online.

I'm famous for having what I call "Walk away moments".  It usually involves me slamming my headphones down, pounding my fist on my keyboard and cussing as I walk away from my desk for awhile.   Most times I come back with ideas that end up resolving the problem.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 1/19/2011 4:30:34 AM

Highlighted

Re: RE: Updating Project Information Properties

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Sir,

i'm new to vb script, i too want the same type of script to update the file poperties in project tab, but about this script i think it is prepared in VB.net, i dont know how to edit this, will you please provied the script which is related to the excel vba.

Thanks in advance.

Sudheer v

@VSudheer,

Your request is covered in the Community Examples. 

See:  https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Developer-Forum/Useful-Solid-Edge-Develop...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your valuable answer and valuable time Johnson.

finally i got the code and i have used, works well.