Using PartToolsInterPartManager to Delete Inter-part Links

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how to use the Inter-part manager to break all links via a VB macro?

Sequence of manual events:- Tools Tab- Inter-Part Manager (Assistants frame)- Right click part in list and select 'break links'

This removes many types of links in one shot.

I just downloaded Solid Edge Spy and see the following event spy: PartCommandConstants.PartToolsInterPartManagerI'm not sure how to utilize the COM spy and Process spy yet...

I can programmaticly start the dialog like thisSmiley SurprisedbjApp.StartCommand (SolidEdgeConstants.PartCommandConstants.PartToolsInterPartManager)

But I don't think this helps since I don't really want to start the dialog, I want to automatically execute the break links command.  

Any help and insight would be much appreciated!  Regards

FYI - I have a couple years of VB & VB.net experience but am new to the solid edge environment.

Posted by: Stephen Lyda
Post date: 11/19/2010 6:05:21 AM

1 REPLY

RE: Using PartToolsInterPartManager to Delete Inter-part Links

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Through a conversation with GTAC, I am told that SE does not have any API support for using the break links routine outside of the inter-part manager assistant.  He also said there is no other way to do what I am asking through a macro.

If enough people request it, they will add it in as a product improvement... 

Posted by: Stephen Lyda
Post date: 11/22/2010 8:59:17 AM