VB 2008 Express 64 bit operating system

[ Edited ]

Edge Programmers,

Does anyone of you has expierence with running VB.net 2008 makro's on a 64 bit operating system ?

I've made a SolidEdge application which runs OK on 32 bit machines. Either SE-V20 as well as ST. Unfortunately, one of our clients is using 64 bit machines on which it stalls when calling a routine recursively. I've made other applications the same which are running OK on these 64 bit machines. 

In VB Express there's no possibility to set the target CPU to "X64". I found something on the net to set this directly into the .vbproj, using notepad, but this didn't solve it.

Are there any other suggestions ?

Willem.

Posted by: Willem van Burik
Post date: 3/13/2009 4:58:19 AM

1 REPLY

RE: VB 2008 Express 64 bit operating system

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I do not know if I can help you much, but I developed some dll's to act as supplements of CAD software, including x64, but for these dll's running on x64-bit I had to register them in the Framework x64 too, not only in normal and Frameworks I was initially. Also use the VB 2008 Express ...

Perhaps something like that should make the executable for the dll's that go along with it, maybe ...

what I know is that the code generated by VB 2008 works on both x32 and on x64, you have just registered the proper framework ...

I hope I have helped!

Posted by: Fabio Rosa
Post date: 3/16/2009 9:11:18 AM