c++

Actually i have to do a few basic things in solid edge using c++i have minimal knowledge of C++ as well as solid edge commands.All i want to do is to obtain physical properties of a part already modeled in solid edge.but i have to collect the properties through a program.

I linked the program variables with Excel sheet ,now if i can obtain the properties of the modle using C++ it will do,also the modle is updated several times so properties are required each time the modle is updated..kindly help me.

Prasad did send me VB code and now it is working but the problem is connecting it to matlab..so i badly need it in C++

waiting for help Jason

regards

Posted by: ali kamran
Post date: 12/6/2008 10:37:17 PM

4 REPLIES

RE: c++

Ali,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm not intentionally ignoring you. I sent out a newsletter (possibly before you registered) stating that my wife was having our 4th child and that I would be unavailable for the rest of the year.

One tip that I can offer you is to download and install my Solid Edge Spy application. It's free and will help you understand the object model.

I suggest that you upload the code that Prasad gave you so that someone wanting to help you can have a better idea of what you want.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 12/8/2008 6:36:29 AM

Jason,

Thanks .

Hope everything goes good with your child.

I have uploaded the code .

Regards

Ali

Post date: 12/8/2008 7:01:10 AM

I downloaded the SE spy V2 but fails to install giving some error

Post date: 12/8/2008 7:08:11 AM

Yeah, it's an old install that had a .NET Framework v1.1 prerequisite. Worked great until 2.0 come out . The .zip should contain the .exe and a .dll or two. I can't remember. You can just extract those anywhere you'd like and run it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 12/9/2008 11:50:08 AM