disconnecting links between solidedge and excel

[ Edited ]

Everytime any assembly is opened simultaneously excel process is also running. I have been asked to create an addin or macro in Solid Edge which removes all links between Solid edge and excel. How can it be done? pls help..

Posted by: Shruthi M
Post date: 11/13/2011 5:43:04 PM

4 REPLIES

RE: disconnecting links between solidedge and excel

[ Edited ]

Hello Shri,

In my own experience never link SE files to Excel. I learned that the hard way that I need to stay away from mixing SE & excel at the begining I was excited with Excel because is easy to do things but down the road gave nothing but trouble after trouble; I decided to get rid of excel in all my SE models and since then I only do my custom formulas in VB.net or with a text editor and change the extension to .bas

I have a program that removes excel links or bad sites. I don't have the code for the macro but I have an executable file. If you like to have it e-mail me at svallejo@seasons4.net or I don't know if I can uploaded to this forum.

Sergio

Posted by: Sergio Vallejo
Post date: 11/14/2011 1:20:26 AM

[ Edited ]

Hello SHV,

Thank you for your reply.. I think you can upload the code in this site. It would be helpful if you do so.

Post date: 11/14/2011 4:28:58 PM

[ Edited ]

sorry I don't think this web site lets you up load executable files.

Posted by: Sergio Vallejo
Post date: 11/15/2011 9:16:51 AM

[ Edited ]

whenever a psm or par file file is opened in revision manager it has a excel file connected to it. how to remove the excel file linking into .psm and .par files by using a macro.

Post date: 11/15/2011 6:49:22 PM