get LinkedDocs from Community.Reader?

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I thought I had seen an example of accessing the linked docs without using RevisionManager (Design Manager) library.  I've searched, but cannot find anything about retrieving LinkedDocs in Community.Reader but I thought we could access the linked documents without needing Design Manager or SE installed on the machine.

Thank you to whomever straightens me out on this.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.
3 REPLIES

Re: get LinkedDocs from Community.Reader?

Genius
Genius

After some digging I found a bunch of commented out code in the Assembly directory in the Community.Reader solution.  Most of it's over my head but I picked out some things that make me beleive this is the "would have been" implementation.  Strange though I didn't see anything similar in the Document directory where psm and par files would have linked docs as well. 

If I look at the binary file in a hex viewer the linked docs are always started with the  "OLES@" sequence so I could possibly write my own to extract the linked docs from those file types.  Problem is I know so little about working with OLE or CFB that I don't even know howmuch I don't know.

Genius
Genius

To follow up and sort of close this thread, it sounds like the community reader does not do this, but the SEReader in the SDK does it well once I learned to compile for 64 bit and decorate main() with [STATthread]. 

Ref thread:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Developer-Forum/COM-Exception-trying-to-u...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Yup. I went down the path of figuring it all out but couldn't get enough information to complete the functionality.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net