get point location from vba6

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi

I'm new in this forum................

I use solid edge 14 and visual basic 6. At the end of my work I'll open a macro from SE to work with my program

I try to explain my problem. I have an SE assembly file on this file I make a sketch. This sketch is made only of a line. All the

sketch is in a plane, I have a 2-d sketch. I'd like to get the line's start/end point (in whichever sistem of coordinate). At the end I

should be have a matrix or a table make of start/end point. For examble:

Line1 (3,3)-(5,7)

LIne2(5,7)-(8,11)...........................

Start point of second line is end point of first line.......................

I study how interrogate a SE file from visual basic but I can't resolve this problem........

Can you help me? or this is impossible using SE and VB6? Thanks and sorry for my english

Posted by: vito rufrano
Post date: 7/31/2007 5:10:25 AM

4 REPLIES

RE: get point location from vba6

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Vito,

I would suggest that you download my SolidEdgeSpy application.  You can find it in the "Products" menu at the top of this page.  Once you have it going, select the line that you're interested in inside of Solid Edge, then connect to Solid Edge via Solid Edge Spy.  Expand the Application node in the tree and expand ActiveSelectSet, then Items.  You can also right click in the tree to turn on Interface names so you know what type of object you're dealing with.

Let me know if you still need help.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/8/2007 1:13:44 PM

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jason

Thanks for your message, but I have a problem I download solidedge spy and I obtein a zip file on my pc,extract  and I have a setup file but it doesn't go, it give me a message: 'This setup required the .net framework version 1.1.4322. please install the .net framework and  run this setup again. The .net framework can be obtained from the web.....

I click ok but on the web don't  found anything...

Excuse me for my "stupid" question 

Post date: 9/3/2007 6:01:02 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Vito,

Yeah, the install was built before .NET v2.0 came out. The download has been updated so that the .exe and .dll's are part of the .zip. You should be able to just extract the files and run the .exe just fine without .NET v1.1 installed.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/3/2007 5:58:23 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi Jason

in your file I have found 2 DLL files and SESPY but it doesn't work.. It give me an error of application:" application don't correctly started(0xc0000135) click to close application." I use solid edge 14 and visual basic 6 may be it is a problem.. ?

Which language  did you use to write SeSpy? I need information in visual basic 6 like I wrote in my first message. 

Thanks a lot.

Post date: 9/7/2007 4:31:42 AM