Solved! Go to solution

how to delete occurrence completely ?

I have created assembly structure using API. When occurrence is deleted manually in GUI,following message appears in Solid Edge GUI.

The selected item(s) cannot be deleted because they are either
components of a sub-assembly, geometry within a part File or base
references.

What  is that message is indicating?

When occurrence is deleted using API,  some red coloured symbols appears before occurrence name in path finder. Please see attached image. What is the red coloured symbol indicates? Any  suggestions to overcome that using API ? However I observed that, those deleted occurrences goes away from  GUI when model is saved in API. I want to avoid Save after deleting occurrence.
How to delete occurrence completely ?

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author avad
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Solid Edge does NOT allow to delete occurrences in a suba...

[ Edited ]

Solid Edge does NOT allow to delete occurrences in a subassembly while inside a higher level assembly. You need to edit its parent assembly to be able to delete the occurrences.

The same happens when trying to delete an occurrence via API in a document, which is NOT the active document.

In order to avoid this problem you can either do one of the following:

1) Inplace activate the subassembly, delete the occurrence and return to your previous assembly document.

2) Transfer the occurrences from the subassembly to the active assembly and delete it there.

The second method has the advantage that it does NOT require a document switch which may cause some flicker in the UI.