Solved! Go to solution

how to move component from default layer to another layer programaticaly

hi

i have draft document with having many sub assemblies. i want to move each sub assemblies to new layer programaticaly (VB.NET) . please help me.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by jnewell (Solution Partner Phenom)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

Can you please provide more information on how you have sub-assemblies in a draft document. Do you want to move views to different layers.

In the image above, the view at the top is of an assembly having several sub-assemblies.

The 3 views at the bottom are of the individual assemblies. All 4 views are on the Default layer.

Re: Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

No i dont want to move sub-assemblies to diffrent view i just want to shift each to diffrent layer like the view at top haning sevaral assemlies lets say assm1,assm2 and assm3 which are currently in Default layer i want to move assem1 to layer1 , assm2 to layer2 and assm3 to layer3 . programaticaly vb.net.

my difficuties is how to get occurance collection from view/sheet and move each occarunce to new layer.
please help

Regards
Yogesh Shinde
yogesh@markengg.com

Re: Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

Yogesh,
I believe this is not possible. AFAIK, you won't be able to do that manually, as SE can only assign a layer to a drawing object and any view on the sheet is considered a drawing object.
By this definition, you can only move the whole drawing from one layer to another!!