Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move component from default layer to another layer programaticaly

Creator
Creator

hi

i have draft document with having many sub assemblies. i want to move each sub assemblies to new layer programaticaly (VB.NET) . please help me.

3 REPLIES

Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Can you please provide more information on how you have sub-assemblies in a draft document. Do you want to move views to different layers.

Untitled.png

In the image above, the view at the top is of an assembly having several sub-assemblies.

The 3 views at the bottom are of the individual assemblies. All 4 views are on the Default layer.

Re: Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

Creator
Creator
No i dont want to move sub-assemblies to diffrent view i just want to shift each to diffrent layer like the view at top haning sevaral assemlies lets say assm1,assm2 and assm3 which are currently in Default layer i want to move assem1 to layer1 , assm2 to layer2 and assm3 to layer3 . programaticaly vb.net.

my difficuties is how to get occurance collection from view/sheet and move each occarunce to new layer.
please help

Regards
Yogesh Shinde
yogesh@markengg.com

Re: Can you please provide more information on how you have s...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Yogesh,
I believe this is not possible. AFAIK, you won't be able to do that manually, as SE can only assign a layer to a drawing object and any view on the sheet is considered a drawing object.
By this definition, you can only move the whole drawing from one layer to another!!