how to place section view

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

Pls. send me to code to place   cutting plane & section view .

thanks & Regards

Hemant

Posted by: Hemant shinde
Post date: 11/11/2009 11:11:31 PM

3 REPLIES

Re: how to place section view

I too am looking for a way to draw a cutting plane in a drawing view and then place a section view from it. There are methods for adding auxiliary view and detail views but I could not find any method that would allow me to add a section view. Any help would be appreciated. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I was monitoring the events occuring when starting the cutting plane command manually using SolidEdge Spy and it showed that the command ID 32922 (DetailCommandConstants.DetailDrawingViewsCuttingPlane) was being executed.

So I was wondering whether there is someway to implement the same command via code? I tried to call the same command using objApplication.Startcommand (Command ID)

But nothing happens. I have included the interop.SolidEdgeConstantsLib.dll & constants.tlb file which holds these constants as well. Anyone know how to use these Command constants in our programs?

Aha....it worked.....objApplication.Startcommand (32922) starts the cutting plane command. Will explore further and let you know if I can draw the cutting plane & section view. Till then, make what you can of the information!!! Cheers Smiley Very Happy!!!