how to set General Option by API : Paste to original position

Experimenter
Experimenter

hi

i cannot find a way to find the way (global parameter?) for setting Paste to original position and other select position by API

i find only in registry a value named "Paste to selected position"

i need that for copying background sheets from an other template without changing user options (so i have to revert option back after update)

can you help me?

Serge

3 REPLIES

Re: how to set General Option by API : Paste to original position

Spy for Solid Edge does not show "Paste to selected position" as a Global parameter. 

Since you found it in the REG I must assume thats where it's status is stored.

Problem being that if you changed it's state while SE was running I assume you'd need to restart the OBjApp for the variable to be re-read and invoked.???

Experimenter
Experimenter
exact i tried to change REG but ObjApp is not updated
finally i think i found a workaround by using paste from activeSheetWindow instead of ObjApp.StartCommand(DetailCommandConstants.DetailEditPaste)

API seems inconsistent on this point

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I agree. I can't find a correspdonding ApplicationGlobalConstants. I suggest filing an IR with GTAC to get it added.

Regarding StartCommand(), glad you found an alternative. Always avoid StartCommand() when possible. It does though sound like you're saying that SheetWindow.Paste() does not honor the "Preferred 2D Paste Behavoir" setting. If that's the case, then again I'd say file an IR with GTAC to get it reported.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net