open document with read-only set in SolidEdge ST

Hi,

I am using Solid Edge ST API's for opening documents over multiple machines. The problem is - when one machine opens a part using SolidEdge and other machine opens the same file, it prompt the user of the other machine with the message that 'the file is locked, Do you want to open as read only'.

I am trying to look in the API's for opening a document where I can set the read-only flag but I didnt find any in the SolidEdge documentation. I found one in revision manager though. Is it there in SolidEdge at all or Is there a way to open a document through the code and setting the read only flag?

I noticed Jason you told someone to set read only in the file system but I was looking to do it through the API's. I would appreciate any help.

Regards

Imagine1

Posted by: Tanvi Srivastava
Post date: 4/2/2009 7:14:17 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: open document with read-only set in SolidEdge ST

HI,

is not possible.Already opened a IR to Siemens.

Best Regards

Massimo

Posted by: Massimo Magris
Post date: 4/2/2009 11:00:17 AM

RE: open document with read-only set in SolidEdge ST

Thanks a lot Magris. I wrote to siemens about this last year for version 20 and I thought it may be included in ST. I read your post and Jason's reply and it appeared that you were meaning to change attributes after your file has been opened.

I just wanted to make clear that I am looking to change the file to read-only first and then open it.

regards

Imagine1

Posted by: Tanvi Srivastava
Post date: 4/2/2009 11:04:53 AM

Re: RE: open document with read-only set in SolidEdge ST

Experimenter
Experimenter

What about the following solution. I've tried it and it semmed to work.

Dim fi AsNew IO.FileInfo(FileName)

If fi.Extension.ToUpperInvariant() = ".DFT" Then

mSolidEdgeApplication.SetGlobalParameter(ApplicationGlobalConstants.seApplicationGlobalOpenAsReadOnlyDftFile, True)

Else

mSolidEdgeApplication.SetGlobalParameter(ApplicationGlobalConstants.seApplicationGlobalOpenAsReadOnly3DFile, True)            

EndIf

mSolidEdgeApplication.Documents.Open(FileName)

mSolidEdgeApplication.SetGlobalParameter(ApplicationGlobalConstants.seApplicationGlobalOpenAsReadOnlyDftFile, False)

mSolidEdgeApplication.SetGlobalParameter(ApplicationGlobalConstants.seApplicationGlobalOpenAsReadOnly3DFile, False)