revision manager execution fails

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've encountered a problem in opening the revision manager when running it outside the development computer.

This simplified version works OK within the .NET or outside the .NET env on the same computer.

Yet on another computers it doesn't work and files on the "RevisionManager.Application RevApp = new RevisionManager.Application();"

I see the stage1 never seeing stage2 and getting the lovely exception:

"

Retriveing the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DF778D19-0AA4-11D1-BC6E-0800360E1E05} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).

"

[the {DF778D19-0AA4-11D1-BC6E-0800360E1E05} is the revision manager in the CLSID in the registry.]

string fileName = @"c:\tmp\Part1.par";
            string dest = @"c:\tmp\2012\Part2.par";
            try
            {

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 1");
                RevisionManager.Application RevApp = new RevisionManager.Application();
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 2");

//copy curr active file
                RevisionManager.Document revOpenDoc = (RevisionManager.Document)RevApp.Open(fileName);
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 3");

//COPY BASE TO NEW FOLDER:                    
                revOpenDoc.Copy(dest, null, null, RevisionManager.OverWriteFilesOption.YesToAll);
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 4");
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("exception: " + ex.Message);
            }

Thanks

Posted by: joseph polk
Post date: 8/7/2012 1:45:50 PM

2 REPLIES

Re: revision manager execution fails

[ Edited ]

Hi,

are you sure you execute your program on a machine with Solid Edge being (properly) installed?

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 8/7/2012 1:53:14 PM

Re: revision manager execution fails

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your replay.

I have try this & got the same exception.

I have 2 computers with the same installation the one with the .Net runs the code while the other don't.

Should I try to make some play with the isolated? property of the revision manager assembly? (till now didn't have any success with that).

string fileName = @"c:\tmp\Part1.par";
            string dest = @"c:\tmp\2012\Part2.par";
            try
            {

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 1");
                Type t = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("RevisionManager.Application");
                RevisionManager.Application RevApp = Activator.CreateInstance(t) as RevisionManager.Application;                
                //RevisionManager.Application RevApp = new RevisionManager.Application();
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 2");

//copy curr active file
                RevisionManager.Document revOpenDoc = (RevisionManager.Document)RevApp.Open(fileName);
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 3");

//COPY BASE TO NEW FOLDER:                    
                revOpenDoc.Copy(dest, null, null, RevisionManager.OverWriteFilesOption.YesToAll);
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("stage 4");
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("exception: " + ex.Message);
            }

Thanks again

Posted by: joseph polk
Post date: 8/20/2012 1:22:40 AM