saveasimage tiff with multiple pages?

Hi to all We used to use some virtual tiff printer to make tiff back up for old files. Since we switched to ST2 x64 system it is no longer possible. Is there a way to use saveasimage for a multiple page dft (and multiple size A3, A4 etc) as a single tiff with a few pages?

I use vb6, st2 x64 win7.

thanks

alon

Posted by: alon raviv
Post date: 9/8/2010 1:49:50 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: saveasimage tiff with multiple pages?

There are ways to accomplish what you're asking but I can't speak for VB6. One question that I have for you though, is tiff a hard requirement or are other image formats acceptable? The reason that I'm asking is because each draft file contains embedded emf images of each sheet that we can extract and use. You can see an example of this functionality by downloading and installing my PowerToys for Solid Edge. It has an integration with Windows Explorer that allows you to extract the emf files to disk. You can programmatically extract the emf's using the Sheet.CopyEMFToClipboard() method. You have to write code to get the emf off the clipboard and work with it. I have .NET examples of this somewhere in these forums.

If tiff is a hard requirement, I believe that it is possible with .NET to take the emf and convert it to a multipage tiff but I have not tested that theory. I'm almost positive that it's easy to convert the emf to tiff and I believe that I've found some code that will combine the tiff's.

All of this is in .NET though. I can't help you with VB6.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/8/2010 2:53:19 AM

RE: saveasimage tiff with multiple pages?

Thanks JasonI’m afraid this is above my skills (considering the fact I’m not a programmer). Eventually I’ve made it so a multiple sheets dft would be saved as several separate tiffs with a running page number name. Not the best but good enough for a tif back up of dfts. Thanks again

Alon

Posted by: alon raviv
Post date: 9/9/2010 12:28:47 AM