Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1-EXPLODED VIEW | 2-PARTIAL DRAFT OF ASSEMBLY

Creator
Creator

1-I am trying to make a auto-exploded view, I follow the video exactly, but when i hit explodes my assembly does not, any suggestion?
2-When I want to make a draft of only one component of an assembly I need to delete all of the other components and then project to NEW DRAWING.
I would much prefer to 'hide' the parts that I do not want and then project to DRAWING, but when I uncheck the parts that I do not want and project to draft, the reappear in the DRAFT, any suggestion? I do not seem to be able to uncheck parts that I do not want in the DRAFT?

TY

12 REPLIES 12

Re: 1-EXPLODED VIEW | 2-PARTIAL DRAFT OF ASSEMBLY

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

When you have un-checked parts in an assembly, save this as a display configuration.

You can use this configuration to create a drawing view or apply a display configuration to an existing drawing view.

These commands are outlined in the help sections and here is a simple demo to illustrate display configurations:

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.IN

Betreff: 1-EXPLODED VIEW | 2-PARTIAL DRAFT OF ASSEMBLY

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AL7

just take a look onto the Occurency Properties of Your ASM

You will find a column "Hide in Draft"  (or so), mark all parts You want not to be shown in draft and this should solve Your request.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Thanks! You over-rate my talent, where to I find 'Occurency Properties of Your ASM' ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AL7

just when inside that assembly press the RMB (Right Mouse Button) and go to the bottom end wheer You will find the Occurency Proeprties.

20180701_1828.png20180701_1829.png

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @AL7,

@Tushar - Has given you the option with Configuration.

@hawcad - Has explained you about setting through 3D assembly.

Now you can try one more option. Generate the dft file with all the parts, Right click & select properties of view in the dft. Select a part which you would like to hide & uncheck the show button. Likewise you can toggle between hide or show.

Hi @Shivraj_G

That is also a good solution to alter visibility of parts after a drawing view has been created.

I too had this in mind, but since the OP was attempting to un-check the parts in the assembly PathFinder, configurations are the way to retain the settings and retrieve them in a Draft.

I am interested in knowing yet another method in this regard if available.

Creator
Creator
Hi Shivraj_G this answer seem like the most beneficial for me, can you elaborate more, I am unable to find PROPERTIES OF VIEW in the draft. (I have very little practical training in SE and use the program mainly to project assemblies to Draft and then DWG file.)

Right click on the drawing view and select Properties from the context menu that pops up.

You can see this in my video towards the end.

Creator
Creator
Do you mean PROPERTIES>cfg.PMI model view> the access the hidden view which you made beforehand in the assembly....this will take a bit of planning since I can have upto a dozen view which I need to pre-save in the assembly.
Will save your video for prosperity!