Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1-EXPLODED VIEW | 2-PARTIAL DRAFT OF ASSEMBLY

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Once the Drawing View Properties dialog is open, the assembly structure is displayed on the left side.

Pick each part that you wan to hide and un-check the show option on the right side.

Click OK.

The next step is to right-click the drawing view again and selecting Update from the context menu.

This will update the drawing view and hide the parts.

ShowHideComponents01.png

You can pick multiple parts in the drawing View Properties dialog and hide them all at once.

Here's a video anyway, which qualifies as training:

Creator
Creator
Great got it now! This is what I was ultimately looking for. I am in the process of 'migrating' from Alibre Design to SE, the ability to project to clean Drafts is much superior than Alibre.
This process of hiding the unwanted elements is a bit clumsy, namely I am unable to see properly what parts I am hiding, I am often working with other peoples Assemblies with no knowledge of the part names, the preview is very small
....in alibre, I would hover over a part it would highlight and I would then hide it in the DRAFT or Suppress in the Assembly.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Yes, I can see it here, very impressive.

The Solid Edge Drawing View Properties dialog too has a preview window and can show which part is being hidden in the view when selected in the tree.

The multi-part preview is a good candidate for an ER though.