Solved! Go to solution

1 client very slow when trying to edit in place

This is a strange one that I cannot seem to get to the bottom of.

For several months now I have 1 client, (an identical setup hardware and software to three other clients) that takes several minutes to open a part when trying to edit in place. Opening the part directly is fine. Opening a part through a draft file is fine. Just when opening through an assembly.

We are running ST7 and insight.

I have remapped the network locations, and checked the Options are up to date. Tried clearing Cache, deleted the translog, tested the same files on other clients.... All the usual!

It is just the 1 client, (out of 6 in this office)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lumascape
‎05-16-2016 12:08 AM

Re: 1 client very slow when trying to edit in place

Solved!

Turned out to be something quirky with the users profile. Logged on as me and it's all good.

Ended up deleting the Solid Edge data from the Appdata\Roaming, (Actually just renamed it). and let Solid Edge rebuild it and it's now all OK.

No Need for alarm!

Cheers
Glenn

What was the something with the user file?

To be honest I don't really know.

Once we determined it was OK when another user logged in we were set to just remove and rebuild the entire problematic user profile.

Then a colleague suggested we first just remove Solid Edge from the AppData directory for that user. We in just renamed the Unigraphics directory in Users\"user"\AppData/Roaming and bingo!

So the actual problem, or the how/why it presented we have not put any energy into investigating.

On the upside, it is not as noisy in the office any more!

Cheers