10 Cool Reasons to Start Using Synchronous Technology Today

Phenom
Phenom

Hello Edgers:

I am pleased to share my latest Solid Edge video.

It is an immersive video with lots of special effects:

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group - Let's Sync

6 REPLIES

Re: 10 Cool Reasons to Start Using Synchronous Technology Today

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Tushar,

Very compelling and extremely creative.  Well done!

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Legend
Legend

Good job @Tushar quite possibly the best video I've seen on sync tech. 

Best part for me was you kept it short, ~10 minutes I can watch it on my lunch break and still have break left to try it out.  Had it been >= 1/2hr long I may not get to it as I like to hit the pause button, and work through what I just saw.  So a 1/2 hr vid might take 2 or 3 hours to work through if I'm going to really learn the content.

One thing that still frustrates me when I try sync is it's never as simple as in the vids.  The wrong faces move then they fail.  Sync seems to require an understanding of how the model will work and forethought before you start or the faces/geometry will not modify as my novice mind would expect.  Then I try to set the design intent selections and it feels like I'm playing lawndarts in the dark.  Did you do much setting up of the design intent selections for this example or was this all default?

Thanks again and I am looking forward to the next installment.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Kevin. Your words of appreciation help me keep going.

@bnemec

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to keep new videos even shorter.

I have attached the part for you to try out. Also I had kept just the default Design Intent rules ON during the demo.

The present video focus more on 'Rapid Initial Development' and 'Quick Direct Edits'.

But Synchronous is more about mixing ordered + direct modeling and edits, which I didn't cover this time.

If you post model/drawings, which you mention pose problems I can take it as a challenge to do them using Synchronous in a acceptable way. There are many possiblle ways to model the same part using Sync so if it is permissble, do post some images/drawings for creating such challenging parts.

~Tushar

great work @Tushar!  thansk for sharing of your time and talents!

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks for your words of appreciation @MattJohnson_PG

You are my real inspiration behind making videos.

I still refer to your Lunch Byte videos and listen to them carefully learning how to start, proceed with and end a webinar/video session. Grateful for your knowledge sharing.

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

Let me ask a question.

If I start a sheet metal part in Sync, is there anything that can not be done to an ordered part that can't be done to a sync part in terms of available geometry.

For example, By using both Sync and ordered on the same sheet metal part, I can unbend cut and rebend right?

In the past I know I would not have been able to do some things with Sync parts. I can't ever take the time to learn Sync unless I know I can get ALL the same things done in Sync that I can in ordered.