1152:Error extracting Solid Edge ST9.msp to the temporary location

SE MP Error.png

I get this error when I try to open the maintenance pack for solid edge. Whenever the maintenace packs are released our procedure is to download the file and copy it to a shared folder on our network server so all the users have access to it.

I am running Windows 7 professional with service pack 1

16 GB of Memory

no one else is in the company is having this issue

I have tried the following without success:

Right clicking and run as administrator.

Copy the file to my local computer desktop and execute it from there (as administrator)

Emptying to temp file location folder.

copy the file to the temp file location and execute it from there.

change the temp location via the system variables.

Turn off the anti virus program

Log onto my computer as administrator right click and run as administrator from the local copy.

rebooting the computer

We are also running Teamcenter and the companion SEEC Maintenance pack executes just fine with no issue issue.

Not sure what else to try.  I have had this problem on every maintenance pack since ST8 and can't remember what I did to get around it.

Any other suggestions?

4 REPLIES

Re: 1152:Error extracting Solid Edge ST9.msp to the temporary location

This is a Microsoft error indicating that you do not have enough disk space in the %temp% folder location to extract the files to and run the installer.

uk_dave wrote:

This is a Microsoft error indicating that you do not have enough disk space in the %temp% folder location to extract the files to and run the installer.

I checked the disk and I have over 60 GB of free space on the driven which seems like it should be enough. Is there a windows setting that has limits on the temp folder?  I looked at the properties of the temp fiolder and I have full control so I don't think it's a permissions issue.

Hi Randy, have you found a solution? I have the exact same problem...

Have you put "%temp%" in File Explorer to see where it takes you?  Perhaps there is an issue with the location that the variable is pointing to...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10