2D Schematic

How do I rename a 2d Block?

I have an old schematic with a block called Lamp and I'm trying to place a new schematic in this file and it also has a block called "lamp" which is different. So I thought I would simply re-name the block in the new schematic but cannot find the edit name.

Thanks

Graham

9 REPLIES

Re: 2D Schematic

[ Edited ]

See the attached: I think this should do it.

Open the draft file in question.

Go to the Library dialog.

Click the button the top red line touches (show blocks).

Right click the block and select "rename".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Thank you Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

It is buried bit deep down.

and you know these things when you are a close friend of SE - so no casual flirting pls  Smiley Wink.

~Tushar

Tushar, usually everyone's image add-ons look better than mine. I usually just use the editing stuff in the "snipping tool". What graphics program do you use?

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

A combination of Lightscreen, Paint.Net: and Snagit.

But it also takes longer to compose the image and I end up replying after everyone else   Smiley Sad

For quick screen captures and [limited] markup try Skitch

A picture like that is worth a lot. I am sure that lots of us appreciate the time spent creating it.

[ Edited ]

Thanks @uk_dave for Skitch, I have added it to my arsenal.

A cool array of new tools, especially the pixelate tool - good for censoring parts of screen capture - seriously !!

Thanks @jinglis I would like share the compliment with Bruce Smiley Happy

~Tushar

@Tushar,

I tried Skitch briefly and didn't much like it though I didn't give it much of a chance. I installed one called Free ScreenCapture. It behaves more intuitively for me. Also it has a print function which the windows snipping tool does not. Don't recall if Skitch does. FSC also has a pixelate tool.

Bruce Shand