2D favor

Phenom
Phenom

Members,

I was hoping that someone might be willing to share a 2D library of hardware (screws, nuts and bolts) for a 2D project I'm working on with our (Architectural Estimating group).

I am currently looking for 1/4" drywall screw in 2D.

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

7 REPLIES

Re: 2D favor

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I will point out that Solid Edge supports direct drag and drop of AutoCAD blocks. So if you google this, you are bound to find some free AutoCAD libaries that you can use for this.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Phenom
Phenom

dcstaples wrote:

...Solid Edge supports direct drag and drop of AutoCAD blocks. So if you google this, you are bound to find some free AutoCAD libaries...

I had the exact same thoughts when reading the question first time.

A whole team of drafters in our company dedicated several man-years into making AutoCAD blocks, decades ago, and Solid Edge made sure nothing of that go waste.

Sorry Ryan, not being of much help here though Robot Sad

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom
Thanks Dan. I didn't know about the drag and drop functionality. Yeah, there are libraries out there. It's just that most of them require you to setup an account...I don't need another password, account or additional email.
I was hoping someone might be able to quickly share a library.

Phenom
Phenom
actually I was truly hoping that SE had a 2D library..but that must be too "Old School". ;-)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have you tried McMaster Carr. They have 2D.dwg files for most fasteners as well as 3D models and no login or email is required to download.  Unfortunately the largest size drywall screw they seem to have is #10 (.190 diameter) but may be good source for other items. Here is a link to a sample:

https://www.mcmaster.com/#90093a400/=15ig77z

Cheers

Mike

Phenom
Phenom

You know, I forgot about McMaster..thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Legend
Legend

McMaster is my #1 "go-to" when looking for cad files. Lots of other sites obviously, but the mcmaster search field works well, and everything is categorized great.

-Craig