Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 34" Curved Monitors

Genius
Genius

How's the monitor going @BobMileti ?

I'm using two 22" Dell's at 1680x1050. They still work fine but are almost a decade old. They cost around AU$500 each back then, and a new ultrawide monitor is around AU$1000 so the same price leaving inflation aside. Monitors have come a long way since then, and I stare at them most of the day...

The curved ones are interesting, and there might be some concern about distortion, however, if they are perpendicular to your eye, there should be no real curves. My two monitors are tilted towards me, so they are sort of curved, and have perspective anyway.

Managing different windows used to be tough, but with Win10 it is pretty easy to arrange things, and some of the colours I've seen are superb. I haven't seen much about using them with CAD though...

Phenom
Phenom

I LOVE it... the most unexpected pleasure is the ease on the eyes that 4K monitor gives you. Their ASUS Eye Care flicker-free must be the reason.

Just to be sure, I went with the ASUS PA328 and has been replaced with the PA329Q. I have had not one issue with it and can highly recomend it.

Genius
Genius
Good to hear Bob. I think monitors are something many don't think that much about in terms of comfort, but your comment about your eyes confirms the difference a good monitor can make.

I note that yours has a higher resolution of 3840x2160 compared to the 3440x1440 of the Samsung I was looking at. That suggests a higher pixel density, so I need to do some more research.

Phenom
Phenom

The resolution difference is due to the fact that the ASUS' is a clasic 16:9 aspect ratio, versus the Samsungs wide screen ratio of 21:9.  I had looked at wide screen before I made my decision and determined that these were geared towards movies and gaming, vesus CAD or Office work. So I doubt there would be much of a difference in eye strain, but it does impact how much you get to see on the screen. I came from a 30" DELL and was worried the change to a wide screen would be unsettling.  I'm glad I stuck to the 16:9

Bob

Legend
Legend

I've been using a 32" curved monitor, next to a 27"(I think) flat monitor, for about 6 months at home, and love it. At first, I noticed the curvature with everything, but now it's just a normal feel.

Genius
Genius
@Trikefreak
What model, resolution, pixel density? Cost?