3D Connexion Options no longer defines separate settings between ordered part mode and draft mode.

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI,

Im running the latest Service pack for ST9.

I can no longer define separate settings for my spacenavigator through the latest software of 3d Connexion betwene part and draft mode. whats more, is if i set my ZOOM function to pulling and pushing up and down, it works like that in th emodel, but does the opposite in draft mode and pans....which is supremely annoying.

recently i got a new computer in work and upgraded to the latest service pack of ST9 alongside getting the newest driver for 3d connexion all at the same time. So im not sure what the cause is. Has anyone else experienced this?

In the 3d connexion setting you can only specify settings for "Solid Edge" and no longer for the separate work environments.

the following screenshot shows what i mean, i reverted to an old driver to see if it fixed the issue...beside where it says solid edge it would have usually defined the part environment or draft environment.

image.png

13 REPLIES

Re: 3D Connexion Options no longer defines separate settings between ordered part mode and draft mod

Genius
Genius

I had similar issues, and had to go to an older version of 3d software. We just so happened to have it on our network, so it was easy once I uninstalled the drivers. They are aware of issues, not sure why they haven't gotten it resolved yet.

https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/archived-drivers.html

Re: 3D Connexion Options no longer defines separate settings between ordered part mode and draft mod

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thnaks for the reply.

What version did you go to? i tried another old version there and still no differentiation. Are we sure this isnt a solid edge issue?

What version of software did you roll back to?

image.png

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

@SolidAdam

Hello,

My name is Keith Cain. I work in Solid Edge Certification at Siemens. What settings are you looking to set per environment? The changes in menu and settings were done by 3DConnexion but if there is an issue, we can certainly address it with them. I have looked at it a little and I have the latest driver available (image below). For setting buttons, each environment has its own settings. The menu will reflect the current environment that the user has active. For the issue in draft, I tried the ‘Draft: Z / Y Change’ option. This changed the behavior so that up/down was a zoom in/out. If this does not help, please provide some additional details on settings and expected behavior so that I can correctly forward the issue to 3DConnexion.

Thanks,

Keith

ProjectTest Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

* Opinions expressed are my own.

Genius
Genius

I'm using 10.4.3 software from the archive link I shared. I had to uninstall the drivers to the mouse first, uninstall the software, and then install the older software.

My issue was when I was placing holes/cutouts, the part should be locked in the working plane. But, it didn't, so if I moved my spaceball, the part would rotate while trying to locate holes/cutouts.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Keith,

The rotating while in 2D sketch has been a point of frustration for many of our users too.  An option to lock rotation when entering a 2D environment, or not, would make our guys happy.  

I also have a request form one of our guys to revive the old Camera Mode.  Putting the view in perspective does allow you to zoom into/through parts, but movement of the camera isn't the same.  He really wants the old Camera Mode functionality.

Thanks,

Jason

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@jinglis

We will pass this on to our 3rd Party Solutions Partner Manager to convey this to 3Dconnexion. 

Thanks for the input,

Laura

Genius
Genius

Prior to doing the install of older software/drivers, I was using the lock button on my mouse to keep in the plane. It got to be a habit after a short time, and I still find myself using it by mistake.

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI keith thanks for your reply!

I cleaned my system of 3dconnexion drivers and deleted all registry entries and folders and reinstalled the software, and now my mouse is recognising  environments again!

However i am downgrading again to get the sketch lock feature back!  Apologies for the alarm, but it appeared the issue was on my end after all.

Legend
Legend

The option to lock rotation is a default button on a Space mouse pro, difficult if you don't have a mouse with buttons.

-Craig