Solved! Go to solution

3D Preview while saving

Hello,

I am wondering if ther is an add-in or if someone knows how to make an add-in, which will always save an isometric view as preview of the part. (and maybe even hide the planes).

In that way i have a better overview in windows explorer while using thumbnails. 

7 REPLIES

Betreff: 3D Preview while saving

HI @JuRi

first I thought that there somewhere is an optin or setting to define wether or not the thumbnail will be used as it is on save or it is now, or ...

At the moment the only anser I can give is, that You should set Your view port to ISO first before saving.

You can automize that using a small macro to do so, together with a save

regards
Wolfgang
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JuRi
3 weeks ago

[ Edited ]

Hi @JuRi

and as it is in life, I already have written this macro 3 years ago - supposing that it will be posted here also.

So a search should give this solution too.

Here is the macro

Simply click the exe - best will be a link to the QUAT or symbol bar or shortcut

This macro will change the view to ISO followed by a save of the document

regards
Wolfgang

I think you mean this, but that would mean that the preview is nog always up to date.

Maybe the macro is an idea. 

Hi @JuRi

Yes this was the setting I was looking for, but see later post, there already is a sokution for that

regards
Wolfgang

Thanks man!

Re: 3D Preview while saving

@JuRi It looks like @hawcad has provided a utility to do this, but I would encourage you to contact Solid Edge Support (your VAR/Reseller or GTAC if available) and ask for this functionality.  I have asked for this as well in an ER (7305318).

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: 3D Preview while saving

I already did and my reseller spoke to siemens. The best way would be if solid edge maintains the current view and only saves it isometic instead of going to isometric view.