3D Viewer for Solid Edge

Hi Guys,

Good day!

I just want to know what are the best 3d Viewers for Solid Edge files which can be able to measure 3D objects and has lots of features. It will be better if it's a free software. Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES

Re: 3D Viewer for Solid Edge

you can do this with viewer. you just have to save your files in a different formate

Thanks for your reply. However I'm investigating now for some alternative Viewers. I want to compare them. Please if you know some 3d Viewers that I can try, please tell me. Thanks a lot!  

@jasson_demapan - to be clear, you are asking about OTHER 3D viewers besides the Solid Edge Viewer, correct? 

The Solid Edge Viewer will allow you to view Solid Edge assembly, part, sheet metal and draft files, as well as DXF and AutoCAD DWG files. And it's available in Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.

Thanks,

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Thanks Susan for your answer. Smiley Happy However I'm looking for other Viewers so that I can compare. I have already Solid Edge Viewer installed in my computer. If you know some alternative viewer that can open SE files, please let me know.

Thanks again! Have a great day!

That is what I thought but wanted to be clear. Robot wink

I will let our experts like @SeanCresswell @Grundey @ScottWertel and others from Siemens provide you with an answer. 

Thanks!
Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Well, besides not have "lots of features"... recent versions of Acrobat Reader are able to open 3D PDF files generated by Solid Edge (assemblies, parts, PMI, pathfinder... ), and have measurement tools on it, among other 3D and 2D focused tools ( version XI is the one I use)

Just activate the 3D tool bar on the view window, after open the 3D PDF file, and you will have access to its tools, including camera control, view styles, measurement, section view, comments, etc.

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8

There are a whole lot of viewers out there.  Some require an authoring tool to save the native Solid Edge file out to another format (i.e. Acrobat Reader) and others will open native Solid Edge files.  I'm assuming you want Readers that open native Solid Edge files.

• Obviously the Solid Edge Viewer from Siemens PLM
  • Autovue from Oracle
  • Glovius CAD Viewer

Probably others if you do a little internet research.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10