Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Question On Sweep Command

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a revolution for me?  I want to revolve this hammer handle 360 degrees but I made a mistake and only revolved it at 180 degrees.  How do I go back in and edit it to a 360 revolution?  Thanks for any help.

TRC

1 REPLY

Re: A Question On Sweep Command

MLombard
Retired

The sweep has two components: the path and the cross section. You can use multiple cross sections so the sweep works more like a loft. The path has to intersect all cross sections. If you are making a solid, the cross section has to be a closed profile, whether you use a loop or a chain to select it is up to you, but it has to enclose an area. I don't think you can use a region (the enclosed area itself), so the sketch has to be "clean". The path can be an open or closed loop. For example, a U shape would be an open loop, while an O would be a closed loop.

I think in a sweep you can't have a cross section like a Q, or even a T.

Do you have something specific? Sweeps can be a big topic to try to explain in a couple of paragraphs.

You can start Youtubing at the link below, and then watch the panel on the right of the Youtube window for more suggestions. There is a fair bit of stuff, not all of it in English, but possibly helpful anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTJSs7cP1Q

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.