A "where to find me" thread for locating Solid Edge settings etc. in folders

Hello,

There are always new things to learn in Solid Edge.  Recently, I got help from GTAC in locating the sold to ID on another machine.  The license.dat file is in the "preferences" folder and the license.dat file has the sold to ID. Running the license utility doesn't indicate where SE puts  the file so I thought that would be of interest.  I thought I would open this up to others that know where some other things are located that may be needed from time to time.  Here are a couple that have been passed along to me so far (assume the path is C:\Program files\....:

SELicense.dat - Solid Edge ST9\Preferences

DraftList.txt (setting up custom parts list) - Solid Edge ST9\Template\Reports

Please add on any that you have found over the years.  I always forget where the custom radial menus etc. are stored.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
2 REPLIES

Re: A "where to find me" thread for locating Solid Edge settings etc. in folders

Also, once licensed, the Sold To ID is also shown in the Help: About Solid Edge form.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: A "where to find me" thread for locating Solid Edge settings etc. in folders

Here's a list I keep. Although I don't know how it applies to ST9:

Default settings: (under C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8...)

Custom hole settings, view scales, etc. are saved in ...\preferences\custom.xml
Custom BOM styles are saved in ...template\reports\draftlist.txt
Custom callouts are in ...\template\reports\draftcallout.txt
Custom weld symbols are in ...\template\reports\draftweld.txt
Templates are in ...\template
Materials are in ...\preferences\material.mtl

Ribbon themes: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 10x\Customization

Global settings for SE to find most of these things via the file locations in SE options reside in \preferences\options.xml .

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200