-ACTIVATE ASM issue-

Builder
Builder

Running ST7 and making changes to an older model (around ST-ish). When I right click the assembly and "activate" some parts dissapear completely (but still remain in the history tree); but their is a part i want to grab some dims off and the history tree shows that its still inactive (greyed out) after activating the asm and will not let me select the part still?!?!?!

Is there something simple im missing? Never really had this issue. Wondering if its because it is an older model or if its just early in the morning and i havent woken up yet lol.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks - Nate

9 REPLIES

Re: -ACTIVATE ASM issue-

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No question marks or other icons in the pathfinder next to these parts?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Can you open or In-place Edit the part from pathfinder?

If so is there anything in it when opened?

Also, if it opens, try RMB on the last feature and select Recompute.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

possibly a construction body (surface) that needs to have show/hide componant and re-show surfaces again?

just a wild guess?

Builder
Builder

I came into work today after my cpu has been restarted and now its magically working. Think my computer was bugged up. Thanks for the the comments guys!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It's somewhat remarkable to me but "reboot" still remains the first test. And if not the first certainly not one that can be discounted. This has always been so in my 30+ year career using CADD.

Bruce Shand

Builder
Builder

Funny thing is that is one of the first things that I tried (the day of the problem) and it was still happening.....for whatever reason the next day it was not happening.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are your files on a server or is there any aspect of your CAD database that depends on one?

Bruce Shand

Builder
Builder

Yes our files are on a server

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The reason I ask is that perhaps the resolution depended not just on your local reboot but some sort of resolution on the server as well. Just speculating.

Bruce Shand