Solved! Go to solution

AN MS NAS hardware on ST8

Hi to all of you ST8 experts here,

I've got a question, as a newbie ST8 user (using sporadically since Jan of 2015), though not a CAD newbie! I've got a need for AN/MS/NAS hardware. One of the SE VAR's, not the VAR I went with eventually, had mentioned that AN/MS/NAS hardware was available on GTAC as an import library. The standardparts lib certainly does not have it. I've yet to discover if that is myth or is there really a way that I can get the standard AN/MS/NAS hardware. If someone has parameteric configurable models for AN/MS/NAS, willing to share it with me it would be great! 

Thanks a bunch,

Naresh

Best regards,
Naresh
21 REPLIES

Re: AN MS NAS hardware on ST8

Bump!!! no one?

Ok, so if no one is willing to share, I've another question, how can one make threads that call out 3/16" UNJF-3A in the model? If I know that I can create a family of parts and get going...

Thanks
Best regards,
Naresh

Since UNFJ is not (yet) in the Solid Edge standard as far as I know you could add it to the Excel file which the program uses to define the hole features:

You would edit the "Threaded" tab of this file:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Preferences\Holes\ANSI Inch.xlsx

According to that file eight parameters are required for each size.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

As bshand said, you would have to add the thread types to your hole table. I had to do this with ACME threads as they were not in the chart either.

As far as the 3A callout, I am not sure, you would likely have to manually add that as I have yet to see anything that lets you call out thread details like fit class.

nanan00 wrote:

As far as the 3A callout, I am not sure, you would likely have to manually add that as I have yet to see anything that lets you call out thread details like fit class.

That's true. Any idea what the "Fit" box is for in the hole dialog?

Bruce Shand
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author nashero
‎10-23-2015 11:50 AM

I've modeled a few MS,NAS bolts.  Here's a MS21250-08  I have it as a family of parts to edit grip length.

fit refers to hole fitment in other sub types,

@Craig_H, Oh, got it. Of course that wouldn't be relevant with threads.

Bruce Shand

@bshand but it would be a perfect spot for class of fit!

Yeah, and it's weird that class is not provided.

Bruce Shand