Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AN MS NAS hardware on ST8

Legend
Legend

For giggles I tried adding a Fit collumn to the table and made a few copies of a thread size and assigned a class of 1B, 2B, 3B to them. Doesn't show up. guess what collumns are pulled from is hard coded.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Nice try. Who wants to submit an ER?!

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Innovator
Innovator
@Craig_H thanks a lot, that will be very helpful. Would you be able to share the other bolts as well?
Best regards,
Naresh

Innovator
Innovator
@bshand it appears to be a place for adding Fit. Such as 2A for tapped holes and 3A for bolts.
Best regards,
Naresh

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@nashero here's what i have. 

-Craig

Innovator
Innovator

@Craig_H Thanks a bunch, this will save me a lot of time. I'm not entirely familiar with SE so, am in the learning mode.

Best regards,
Naresh

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@nashero wrote:
@bshand it appears to be a place for adding Fit. Such as 2A for tapped holes and 3A for bolts.

No, it's "close, normal, loose" fits for clearance holes. There's no provision for thread class for some reason.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Innovator
Innovator
@bshand, @Craig_H how can one request Siemens PLM for enabling thread class to be added to the list? Can something like this not be scripted by us? I'll like that to be exported directly to drawings and shopfloor models.
Best regards,
Naresh

Phenom
Phenom

Although a lot was done in ST7 to improve hole tables, there is still some way to go I think.

When are we going to be able to pull the full hole definition, complete with tolerances, fits  etc. through into the drawing ?

I'm a bit fed up of continually having to add tolerance manually in the drawing.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Genius
Genius

Previously I've set up hole descriptions with the tolerance etc. included in the description, therefore when using the thread call out it brings out the thread size and tolerance in one.