Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Academic Code doesn't work

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have downloaded ST8 on my notebook with windows 10 and got an academic code from my teacher,who also gave me an usb-stick with a solid edge-program-copy on it, installing went well, but when I Solid Edge License Utility shows up and I select "I have an academic code" and type the name of my school in the upper field and the code in the lower one, the "ok"-button doesn't work, I can't click on it. I think my code's wrong and even my teacher doesn't know what to do.. Where can I get help from? Couldn't find any support-e-mail-adress or something like that to contact with this problem..

Where can I get a new code from?

9 REPLIES

Re: Academic Code doesn't work

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Lara

When you registered for the product, you should have received an automatically generated email.  Please forward that email to me at melanie.baeske@siemens.com, and I'll create a license file that I can mail back to you.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter
Where can I register? I don't want to download SE for a second time..

Thanks for the fast answer! Smiley Happy

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Lara

You don't need to download it again, but when you first registered, siemens would have sent you an email with download instructions.  I need that email to create your license.

If you no longer have that email, just go re-register, but skip downloading.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am also having the same problem with the activation code not working. Mine is regarding ST6 though.

I downloaded the software and got the email which I have folled the instruction on (I am using the academic code at the bottom of the email which is for the 32bit ST6 version) but it keeps saying that the code is not valid.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Alex

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlexP152 There is no longer a need for an academic license code.  Running the ST6 or ST8 downloaded .exe file will install Solid Edge and provide your registered license file automatically.

Best of Luck,

Laura

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I load up ST6 it automatically loads up the license manager asking for lincese information. Is there a license file available in the install directory that I need to point it to or will I need to re-download the installer again?

Sorry I am just requiring some instructions on how to get it to work without promting me for the license iformation

Experimenter
Experimenter

It's ok I am re-downloading the software and the email says that the license is embedded in the software so all is well.

Thank you for getting back to me though

Solid Edge ST7 student license renewal

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear mam;

I had a valid student license previous year. Now I am instructor in diploma college. I want to get Instructor license. Please help. Thank you.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Previously, I had installed SolidEdge ST6 in my laptop. I believe it is an academic/university version. I have been using it without problem for about a year now. However, I needed to change my laptop and need to install the SolidEdge ST6 on my new laptop but I don't have my academic code and installation guide.

Can you help me with that?