Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add additional components to existing Explode

I created an Exploded view, but realised some bolts were missing how can i edit that event group to add the additional bolts?

Also what does activate and deactivate do? i click on it and nothing happens.

(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Re: Add additional components to existing Explode

if a part is inactive in the assembly, then you can't use that parts geometry, for things like assembly mating. You wouldn't be able to select the parts faces etc. so you couldn't do anything with it. Edge has things inactive to save memory. When you activate the part it can then be use as it's loaded into memory.

You should save a your explode configuration. Then click on all the bolts you want in the exploded view and show them. Then explode them to where you want and save the configuration again.

Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Re: Add additional components to existing Explode

I am no E.R.A. expert but there ha to be a proper solutions to this commonly occurring situation.

The closest workaround I can come up with is to pick the already exploded part which shows the distance.

Use this distance to again manually explode the left out component.

Unfortunately you won't be able to select or retrieve the fix part and relative face of the fix part that was used to create the original explosion, the way any feature edit allows. So the result could be slightly different or wrong altogether.