Add dm2 as a unity

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello experts!

I'm trying to add dm2 as unit to surface mesurements but they does not appears into the menu. 

I change it from Options - Units - Area

¿Any idea?

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Add dm2 as a unity

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @BeatrizSeoane

I think this is nothing what is possible to do.

You only can use the defined units and square dm are not be implemented

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Add dm2 as a unity

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

@hawcad ohhh, thank you anyway

Re: Add dm2 as a unity

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The use of decimetres (dm) is currently not possible.  There is currently an existing ER requesting this functionality.

Re: Add dm2 as a unity

Phenom
Phenom

A macro called AreaDecimeter is available on my site for this.

See www.CADVertex.com - Download section - the third bunch of Free Apps.

I last tested it on anchor.par from the training folder and it was working OK. Following values are found for surface area:

= 110329.25 mm^2 (as seen in Physical Props dialog)
= 0.110329246826094 m^2 (from program)
= 0.0011033 dm^2 (as required)

It will add a variable called 'AreaDecimeter' in the variable table which could simply appear 0.00 in which case you will need to change the readout accuracy from File Properties - Units tab - Advanced Units - Scalar. The variable is added as scalar and not area since it will add suffix of mm^2 or m^2 by default if added as area.

The macro does not give any error if either Solid Edge or a part file is not open or if the area could not be calculated or if the variable could not be added.

​ ​Also note, if the variable is already added using the macro and you change any parameter like density, material, etc. then the earlier variable 'AreaDeciemeter' first needs to be deleted manually before running the macro again with changed density, etc.

The macro needs a Part file open and does not work in Assembly or Sheetmetal.
Sorry for too many conditions, but this was necessary to make the macro quickly.

If the macro does not appear to be working, kindly let me know.