Adding Two Computers

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I have two computers one is a W7 Home Premium Laptop and a W7 Professional WorkStation.

I would like to tie a 22 in. Monitor 17 in. Laptop together for two people to use. In other words having two different mice using the two screens. Is it possible?

We have 3 grandchildren, nine, eight, and six  The nine year old has issues. Hopefully this may help.

Thank You

Greg

3 REPLIES

I guess you're looking for a multi-player arrangement lik...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I guess you're looking for a multi-player arrangement like those used in Playstation or Xbox, etc.

As far as I know, you cannot do this....as the operating system is designed to allow one interface per user, at any one time. You would need another PC to run the 22in monitor.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: I guess you're looking for a multi-player arrangement lik...

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor
Since I can not answer my own question. Found this after talking to a
computer company. A free download for personal, business tying computers
remotely.

Team Viewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.us&gclid=CIbjmpe22bwCFa1lOgodujUAwQ

Go To Assist
https://www.gotoassist.com/mm/g2mgrs_lp.tmpl?c_name=gget-d-c&c_mark=NAPPC&c_kwd=Go_To_Assist-Exact-B...

You may of heard these sites!

Thank You
Greg

Re: I guess you're looking for a multi-player arrangement lik...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
We use Team Viewer here...but again, this only allows other user[s] to "remotely" control the same interface, and it's not as you would expect. There is only ever one cursor, or text field to control.
Plus, it would require another physical PC anyway....negating the advantage you're looking for.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10