Adding dimensioning to detailed view

I have a detail drawing view that I am trying to add dimensions to however I am unable to add any dimensions at all to the view. I have updated the view but this does not allow me to add dimensions. Please tell me what is wrong here and how to do this. Thank you

6 REPLIES

Re: Adding dimensioning to detailed view

What happens when you start a command, say the Smart Dimension, pick an object in the detail view and click to place the dimension ?

Nothing happens at all, the detailed view will not highlight or allow me to enter the dimension command and place down a smart dimension or any other type of dimension

What happens when you generate another view?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Have you used draft quality views for the original placement. If dimensioning was not enabled, then you will not be able to dimension any other views derived from it.

Shane

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6

In fact tha answer of shane is the right one Smiley Happy

If you activate the Draft Quality Views you will not be able to dimension any views.

Yasser

[ Edited ]

Perhaps of interest is the apparent fact that if you generate another draft quality view with "activate parts for dimensioning" selected, contrary to what others stated here, other draft quality views become dimensionable. Even if you delete that last view. This method would be in lieu of using "convert to high quality view".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200