Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Adding standard parts for use with the fastener system

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I have found that customizing the standard parts library is baffling, incredibly user-unfriendly and not worth the effort for me.

In the following thread the incredible @Imics shares his knowledge. Maybe this will contribute to your effort.

BTW I wonder where Imics has been?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/How-to-add-manually-created-parts-i...

Please let us know how it goes.

Edit: what is "the big SMAP tool"?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

All of the effort I put into the standard parts library was undone completely when I updated to ST9. Now I'm back at square one and was unable to get anything to work at all on the fastener system. It is too much effort when you start over when the software updates.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

@nominus38,  I like the library as a source but not that crazy about it as an application. If I was starting or a place where I worked was starting out I would probably advocate "saving out" needed models from the database, renaming them with practical and simple names, and putting them in user defined folder(s) from which to place them in assemblies.

Bruce Shand

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I agree, especially with the naming. But the fastener system, if it worked easily and you had a full library of aptly named parts, would be awesome. I loved using it, it's just that it wasn't properly named with things I could use in my parts list.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

'SMAP' is from a comapny called CAD-Partner.  They provide various addons for SE but one being a standard parts library (actually they provide the one that comes with SE I believe).  

More info - http://www.smap3d.com/index-en.html

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
SE2019 MP5

Thanks for that info, @Guy_H77

Bruce Shand