Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust Cooridnate system

Phenom
Phenom

Is there any way to adjust the cooridinate system when doing a Create Part-in-Place function? When I use the center of a diameter from another part the cooridante system location is correct (X,Y,Z) but I want to adjust the X or Y vector as the system appears to picking whatever it feels like. Any way to do that?

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Adjust Cooridnate system

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RyanM

nothing easier than this.

When creating Your inplace part and placing Your coordinate system, You have to press the F3 key when the orientation of the CS is as You want it to be.

So, after locking the CS now YOu can place the origin to whatever point You want to get it.

See video

and look at the F3 sign after aligning the CS to the upper right plane

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That only work if you are in Sync right?

How could an origin be edited in an ordered part & assembly?

Phenom
Phenom

AH, I forgot about the magical F3 at this point. Thanks for the quick response and correct answer. And to 12Gage question, I am working in synchronous mode when I do this so it does provide an answer for me. But I, too, would like to know about history mode.

Phenom
Phenom

@hawcad OK. So I found if you actually read the directions, you can find answers!

My issue was that my plane I wanted to work on was not in the same Z plane as the placement face. Reading the directions I see that I can use F4 to lock the orientation and then select the origin! Yeah.

Hi @12GAGE

no I would not think so.

When creating a new part inplace I have not defined wether or not I want to work sync or trad.

So the placement of any new part created inplace is done the same.

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @12GAGE

PS. when creating a new inplace part You re in assembly mode.

And an assembly does not differ between sync or trad.

Only when working with or within the part, then YOou will have different rules to follow.

regards
Wolfgang