Solved! Go to solution

Adjustable Assemblies Animation

Hello. 

Could someone please help me.

I have to use ERA to animate two motors which are supposed to work at same time. The motors are intended to move components from a Adjustable assembly. Both motors work fine separately, however, the first one stops while duration time bars got simultaneous.

Thanks.

Rogerio

7 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author RogerioPrando
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Adjustable Assemblies Animation

Yes. I have an answer, but maybe not what you wanted. That is a limitation in ST7 and before. But this limitation is lifted in ST8 -- in ST8 you can have the two motors working simultaneously. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Cool....just

dcstaples wrote:

...this limitation is lifted in ST8 -- in ST8 you can have the two motors working simultaneously.

Cool!......just two motors? Is there a limit to the number??

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

due to dan's answer that this is a limitation of ST7...

Might you be able to drive one motor and use a gear relation to drive the other motion as a temporary work around.?

dont know how complicated yout assy is... just a thought

It might work. Let´s make some tests. Thanks.

@SeanCresswell I don't believe it's limited to two --  can't see why it would be -- but that's all I've tried so far. Of course you should get ST8 here in just a couple weeks and you can tell me! :-)

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

[ Edited ]

dcstaples wrote:

@SeanCresswell I don't believe it's limited to two --  can't see why it would be -- but that's all I've tried so far. Of course you should get ST8 here in just a couple weeks and you can tell me! :-)

@dcstaples ....well, there goes any chance of concentrating on anything "work" related for the next  2 weeks then. Now I'll have to begin stalking the licensing & download servers. Robot wink

Panasonic [NZ] guys will come over all funny, when they see their CCTV boom rotating, extending & pivoting upward, animated out from the enclosed trailer.....and will gladly report back on it. [if I can get it to work... Robot LOL]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

All the best for your next endeavour @SeanCresswell

I know you would come through with flying colors as we sit fingers crossed anticipating to get to see something very exciting !! Smiley Happy

~Tushar