Adjustable Assemblies in Teamcenter.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a problem with an adjustable spherical bearing inserted into a hydraulic cylinder pivot.
This cylinder is then inserted into another assembly and then made adjustable.
I have used this method for years in SE outside of TC. I have also used the method inside TC but it now no longer works correctly.
The problem appears to be the spherical bearing is an assembly inside a sub assembly and the adjustable function is only working with the sub assembly.
We have created a test assembly and the function works correctly in SE ST5 but not once the assembly is in TC.
If anyone is familiar with the adjustable function inside Teamcenter could you provide any tips?

Brian White
Cascade Corporation
3 REPLIES

Re: Adjustable Assemblies in Teamcenter.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you explain more about "doesn't work" in TC -- what exactly doesnt work -- can you explain the behavior desired and the behavaior that is happening?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dan,

The cylinder has a spherical bearing assembly at each end and the bearing is an adjustable assy. The cylinder location points are offset in 2 planes.

The cylinder, as a rigid assembly, is inserted to a higher level assembly using a mate and cylinder connection at both ends. One set of connections is suppressed whilst the second set is created. The first set of connections is now unsuppressed and the cylinder made adjustable. What should happen is the bearings move in 2 planes and the cylinder locates correctly. What does happen is the bearings stay rigid and the connections fail. Outside of TC the cylinder locates correctly and the identical process fails inside of TC.

I have attached a image showing the cylinder and mounting points.

OFFSET CYLINDER.jpg

Brian White
Cascade Corporation

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Well that is very mysterious, based on the way the system works. Solid Edge does not really know there is any TC in the loop when it comes to adjustable ASMs. So I really can't explain this. I think  you may need to log an IR.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development