Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustable lenght in sheet metal design (ordered)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'd like to adjust a lenght in a sheet metal design. Let's say i have a 100x5x5 mm sheet metal with 2 holes located at 10 mm from the edge at the 2 extremities, and want to make a drivable dimension between theses holes ==> by making this dimension 200mm i want that the total lenght of my metal sheet (of 100mm) automatically adjusted (and become for example approx 220mm) with my holes still at 10 mm from the edge. Also i want this drivable dimension appearing not on a sketch but directly on my part.

Can i do that in ordered and not in synchronous and how to do it ?

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Adjustable lenght in sheet metal design (ordered)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In ordered driving dimensions are on a sketch. You can add a reference PMI dimension to the ordered part features.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Adjustable lenght in sheet metal design (ordered)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @BlinkHawk

what is easy in Sync makes effort in Traditional!

But IMHO in trad You only can solve it via an user defined variable YOu use for the wanted distance between those holes:

20181022_2051.png

As a sync part this would be a matter of instantly solved only with a locked dimension (10mm distance to the side) or with a permanent Rigid Relation

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Adjustable lenght in sheet metal design (ordered)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you, it worked with formula, i just discover that i can adjust the lenght with dynamic edit that's kinda what i wanted it's like in the sketch but with the isometric view directly.

Re: Adjustable lenght in sheet metal design (ordered)

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Draw the location of the holes and the edges of the sheet first. Use whatever dimension you want to drive. You can also create your variables before you even draw anything.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"