Alive and Well

Hello to ALL.

It's great to see so much going on here in the Solid Edge Community.

I'm a former user of the forums under different username(s) but let me introduce my new self.

I'm Matt Johnson, a SE users since V9.  I've worked for a very large company with over 100 seats of SE and also ma & pa shop where I was the one and only.  I have taught SE in Classroom setting and also provide onsite techinacal support and mentoring.  I've recently started a new job as Design Engineer with a company that produces everything Bubble Packaging.  I'm working on designs for our internal, propriatary machines that manufacture commody/consumable product.  We make everything starting from forming the Bubble Wrap itself to Bubble lined custom Mailers...  If you've ever shipped USPS, UPS or Fed-ex in a bubble lined bag with an easy open tear strip most likley you have used our product.

I wanted to drop in and let some of the old timers know that I'm alive and well and also to say it's great to see that this community is alive and well.

I've been trolling while in absence and it's been awfully hard to not jump in and contribute.  I hope to offer some help and rest assured I'll be asking for some as well...  BUT my time is quite limited, so I most likely wont have the same presence as I have historically.

None-the-less, it's great to be back...  I'm thrilled to be working with Solid Edge STILL and look forward to getting to know some of you more whom I don't at this time.

So until then...  Matt Johnson  AKA: JohnsonBigMatt

9 REPLIES

Re: Alive and Well

MLombard
Retired
Matt,

It's great to see you back. Hope you're still using SE in your new job. I've shipped a lot of books in those bubble bags! Anyway, great to hear from you again, I knew you'd land on your feet. Best of luck,

Matt Lombard
Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

"Hope you're still using SE in your new job." -INDEED!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome back Matt! Glad your new gig is working out. Don't be a stranger!

DS

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Matt, great to see you again on this forum and that you have landed a new, exciting job using Solid Edge.  Great company, and now I will always think of you when I use bubble wrap. ;-)

All the best,

Karsten

Senior VP and GM
Solid Edge and Mainstream Engineering
@Newbk
karsten.newbury@siemens.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you're back in the fold.  One question... How do you get any work done with all that bubble wrap lying around?  Such temptation!

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Legend
Legend

Welcome back Matt..   indeed very tempting that bubble wrap..

Bubble.jpg

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Matt.  Great to hear from you!!  Looking forward to working with you again in your new role.

Laura Watson

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom
This is what happens when I stay off the boards for so long.

Weren't you an AE with a SE reseller? What happened, besides the temptation of combining bubble wrap and machine design? I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that either.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I was trolling this forum at lunch today and just noticed your post Matt. I've been thinking about you recently and wondering how you were. Thanks for the update. All the best to you in your new job. Don't be a stranger!

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net