Solved! Go to solution

Allign Text vertical

I have to align text vertical as it is displayed in the Solid works fileAlign text vertical.png

In Solid Edge the text is horizontal

Align text vertical from Solid Edge.png

How do I convert the text into vertical?

ST9

ST9
Surface Pro 4
6 REPLIES

Re: Allign Text vertical

[ Edited ]

Start with picking one of those dimension to check the style it uses. The Command bar wil display this:

D01.png

Open the Style dialog from the ribbon bar:

D02.png

In the Style dialog, select 'Dimension' in the Style type list, then from the Styles list below it, pick the dimension style you noted from the Command bar in the previous step, then Modify...

In the 'Modify Dimension Syle' dialog that pops up, take the Text tab and change the Orientation to Vertical:

D03.png

Ideally, you should create a new dimension style just for this case, since other dimensions in the sheet using the same style can be affected.

The screenshots are from ST6 and I believe there are some direct methods of changing the orientation using handles in ST9.

The text is still horizontal.
ST9
Surface Pro 4

Hi @Geir-Petter

You have to use "perpendicular"

Then the text is normal to the dimensions direction for so getting vertical for horizontal dimensions.

regards
Wolfgang

It works with Smart Dimension, but not with Coordinate Dimension. I need to use this function.
ST9
Surface Pro 4

Betreff: Allign Text vertical

Hi

by the way, since You have a coordinatexdimension group, You have to do this under the "lines and coordinates" tab, where is an extra options group for this kind of dims.

But again: "perpendicular"

regards
Wolfgang
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geir-Petter
‎11-23-2016 12:56 PM

Betreff: Allign Text vertical

Thanks, it works!
ST9
Surface Pro 4