Alternate View in Draft

Pioneer
Pioneer

Afternoon everyone. Just wondering what the easiest way is to get a draft view that is in viewing plane of the angled surface to detail the cutout? I have a more complicated version of this part modeled but kept this sample simple for the purpose of discussion, as the technique to do this should be much the same for other faces. For the life of me I can't get that view. The best way I can describe it is if you were to start a sketch on that face as shown in the second attachment. I just can't seem to get this on the draft view for detailing. Thank you!

5 REPLIES

Re: Alternate View in Draft

Legend
Legend

Hi @CADCAM16,

when in drafting environment, click View Wizard - Drawing View Layout from the view wizard-ribbon seen in the picture.

1.JPG

Then, choose Custom...

2.JPG

From there, use the Look at Face command to the face you want your draft view to be perpendicular to. Then click Close and OK. Now you should have your view.

3.JPG

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if I have understand Your question I would use the  SE function to create an auxiliary view.

See video:

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer
Outstanding, just what I needed. I am learning something new every day with SE. Thank you!

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you for this. This would work for the example I gave but unfortunately not for the more complex multi-angled part I had, (at least not as quickly as setting up a custom look at face view as shown above). I appreciate your help though.

Legend
Legend

Hi,

could you perhaps share the model so I could try and see what would be the best option to achieve what you are trying to achieve?