Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Angles plane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the suggestion.  When creating angled planes, I wish there was an option to constrain the plane just like a sketch.  I don't know if this is possible, but it would be very helpful if one could dimension the plane angle relative to another plane, geometry, or solid face.

MLombard
Retired

Well, you can't make an angled plane for some reason in Sync, but you can make a planar surface, and put an angle dimension to it. Unfortunately, that turns up as a purple reference only dimension, which can't be changed by the user directly or used in a formula. It can be changed by using the steering wheel to angle the surface body. And there is no angle relation to persist, aside from Perpendicular. So for this, I would again use an ordered plane.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"I wish there was an option to constrain the plane just like a sketch"

You can generate a plane using sketches and change the sketch to change the plane. Look at a 3 point sketch or a sketch normal to curve for examples.

In ordered of course.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Guys,

I know, you are talking about Angles plane, but... In my life I've already met lots of challenges and this "plane story" is interesting a little bit.

I suggest using coordinate system instead of plane, because you have better control above it and you can use three "planes", and etc...

Here is a video how it works in this case:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/