Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation

Creator
Creator

I was wondering if someone could offer some help with animating a machine vise?  I'm new to animation and I'm trying to pick up bits and pieces online.  I've attached the file to this message.  Any tips to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 REPLY

Re: Animation

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Tips:

1. When sending Solid Edge Assemblies you must zip up the assembly with all the sub-assemblies and component parts. If you just send the ASM file, when the user opens it, it is empty.
  2. Student files cannot be opened in the commercial version, so many folks cannot open the file anyway.
  3. When animating a mechanical assembly, you will need a combination of Motors and Relationships.  If sliding/pivoting in response to the Motor, all parts sliping/pivoting must have the Relationships set to allow the correct degrees of freedom to move otherwise the Motor cannot move them.  If you have gears, rack and pinion, or other part to part contact that needs to transfer motion, use the Gear Relationship to accomplish that.
  4. Once the Motors and Relationships have been set up, you need to use Simulate Motor to see the animation.  You then have the option of checking interference when running or transferring motion from one part to another by intermittent contact.  Also, in the animation editor you can then edit the timings of the motors and reverse directions as well.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com