Another File Name/Full Path Callout Question

Builder
Builder

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea where to start to fix my problem.  Solid Edge ST9 always by default chooses my network to save drafts to rather than our mapped drives.  In doing so, saving drafts puts the long, drawn out UNC Pathname in my "full path" callout on my drafts.

Is there a way to make Solid Edge choose the mapped drives vs. the network path?

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES

Re: Another File Name/Full Path Callout Question

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe you can change that as the mapped drive path is not a full path but is rather a local relative path meaning that you could map the share root folder to Z: and your coworker could map a subfolder of the share root folder to drive Y:... 

2 different local relative paths:

• Z:\root\subfolder\file
  • Y:\subfolder\file

Only 1 UNC path:

• \\server\root\subfolder\file

See the issue?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Builder
Builder

I see what you're saying Ken.  What confuses me is that when I create a new part and save it, it is saved to the mapped drive pathname.  I then create a new draft from that part.  When I save the draft, it uses the UNC pathname.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure what you are saying when you say it "uses the UNC pathname".  Solid Edge always resolves paths to the UNC path vs. a local relative path with the exception of locally attached storage.  Can you post a pic of the difference you are seeing?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Builder
Builder

Thanks Ken,

I guess I didn't understand how SE was supposed to function.  I thought that if you pulled up a part from a relative path, then created a drawing from that active model, you could save it by default to the relative path that the part file was pulled from.

In order for me to populate my title block with the desired relative path, I have to choose the specific folder on my mapped drive that contains the part file.

It's kind of weird...  if I open a draft from a mapped drive and save it again, it saves it to the mapped drive.

Matt