Another question for you guys, I'm getting an error, and can't figure out why.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello again, 

I'm busy on a school project modeling a Keurig coffee maker.  I made the body using the loft command, which turned out great. Now I'm trying to extrude a sketch that is at the base of the body, and keep getting the error message "No Material addition: The input does not result in any material addition to the part..." All I'm doing is selecting a sketch that is drawn on a reference plane, and trying to extrude it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll upload the part file, but I am using a univerity edition (ST4), so it will not open in a commercial version. Thanks!

3 REPLIES

I think you are dealing with the classic zero thickness e...

Legend
Legend

I think you are dealing with the classic zero thickness error (also known as non-manifold geometry error). It happens when edges or vertices in a solid model don't properly connect with adjacent geometry.  Every edge of a solid body must have exactly two adjacent faces.

In your case, the problem come from the arc and two lines of the sketch which are matching the edges of the bottom face of the loft. To fix that, modify the sketch such that it overlaps the edges of the bottom face of the loft.

Laurenj

Re: Another question for you guys, I'm getting an error, and can't figure out why.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Precisely what I was thinking Lauren....hadn't gotten to view the model yet, so was holding off until then. Good work!
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: I think you are dealing with the classic zero thickness e...

Pioneer
Pioneer
Wow, I was up until 1 this morning trying to get this to work, and all it took was an extra line, haha. Thanks for your help!

Brian Mixon