Any good web site with examples, video, best youtube videos,PDF file tutorials - (advanced level)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi guys,

I am new member here. I have never used before Solid Edge , but I used SolidWorks. As I see it is not complicated. Now I have got new job and chance to grow up in this section but I have to work alone hard. ( you can’t preper for something, you don’t know when you will have chance to work on solid edge and on real engineer problems). I worked in one global successful Engineering company as cleaner. I saw Mechanical Engineers when I cleaned their office how they work in Solid Edge ST9 and AutoCAD, I asked my boss to get chance to work on solid edge, because I have Master in Industrial Engineering and know SolidWorks, he said :I will give you big project, you have 1 week to prepare on that.

I just started yesterday so hard learning from youtube videos, watching and focusing on Solid Edge. Now I am maybe with little bit stress (burnout) but I like to use challenges. Big project separate on little small project and steps.

If you guys could help me, I’ll appreciate it.

Could you suggest me : some videos : in advance level , something with planes – manipulation with plane 2-plane 3 with different X-asis to Y-asis, sweep options, assembling ( I have to learn from hard not from basic steps) .

If anyone have tutorials video for solid edge, PDF tutorial book – something what could help me.

Web site with examples, anything. Thanks.

Also my email is : jasminbabic@yahoo.com

11 REPLIES

Re: Any good web site with examples, video, best youtube videos,PDF file tutorials - (advanced level

Phenom
Phenom

Start with the buil-in tutorials, and do the basic ones first.

There are subtle differences in the way SE works to SW - sketches being a prime example.

The number of times I've heard "...but in SW I do it like this..." drives me mad - it isn't SW so don't try to use it like SW.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Re: Any good web site with examples, video, best youtube videos,PDF file tutorials - (advanced level

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks for the buil-in tutorials advice, but don't write your opinion what you think : is it drives you mad or not - that doesn't matter, that can't not help me, only examples, advices not opinion.

Thanks

Phenom
Phenom

It isn't an opinion - it's advice.

Don't get bogged down in how other systems work.

Yes, it will help that you have done this type of thing before, but it can also be a hinderance.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for that,

Only step by step everthing is possieble

Pioneer
Pioneer

I went thru the training a few months ago. My background is Autocad, so many operations are different in SW. You do have to rid your mind of how its done in other cad packages. I've had to make this transition several times and its always a little bit of a challenge, went from Intergraph to Autocad to Altium electrical design to PCB design and now to Solid Edge. Its not really difficult, if youve learned one system and been successfull on it, you can learn another without much trouble.

Here is a convient page with all the online courses listed.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:index_xid618399:xid464417

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you kjm so much

Phenom
Phenom

I use Solid Mastermined for a month when I started. Was a good insight.

Ally PLM has good videos.

And Imic's from this forum has great videos, but most I would put into the mid to advanced level.

Conceptually the thing to remember about SE is:

1. Make parts, or sheets first as isolated files. Pick your origin smartly.

2. Start as assembly, bring in the first part. Let it be grounded or relate it to planes.

3. once you are assembling things, Planer align and Mate work about the same on planes but w/ flipped normals. Connect is where you relate a point to a line or plane, and lines to planes. Always detrmine the correct flipping before going to the next mate.

Parts can be created from scratch in an assembly, but I would not use that for the first few models. 

The "Include" comand is one way to trasfer other part geometry to another parts sketch. 

Peers on/off is an important switch early on learning the software

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

This may be some late advice but we have a youtube page where we post lunch bytes covering different features of Solid Edge you can go through them if you want and see what catches your eye. Just search AllyPLM on youtube.

Technical Support at AllyPLM solutions

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

We have a few video tutorials too:

http://www.cadcentral.co.nz/learn/videos-webinars/