Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application of Synchronous Technology?

N/A

Hi,
I am impressed by the Synchronous Technology in SE ST5.
I wanted to know the particular scenarios where this technology of greater use compared to Ordered environment?
I have searched some articles on the internet & found some general applications like concept design, editing external dumb data, etc.
But can you please give a detailed scenario like "this is a scenario & these features are used here & in these manner"?
I want to understand the fields of application of this technology so that I develop my skills for such applications.
Thank You.

4 REPLIES

Re: Application of Synchronous Technology?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
That is really hard to answer. There are some best practices that some have found such as:
Placing sketches for ordered features in the Synchronous allows the sketches to be edited independent of their creation history.
Surfacing features should be placed in Ordered as their ability to be edited in Synchronous is reduced.
Being that the community is still learning Synchronous, stay tuned as people share their tips over the next few months...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Phenom
Phenom
I think it very much depends on your application. I myself have stuck to ordered modeling, just because the type of work I do is better suited to a history tree. Someone who finds they constantly need to edit customer or vendor models will work exclusively in synchronous, if they're smart. A big advantage of Solid Edge is the ability to use both synchronous and ordered features to build a model. As an example, features like fillets and rounds are usually best added as ordered features on a synchronous model. This allows an incredible amount of flexibility in editing the design.
Understanding how to control edits in synchronous is the key to using this technology. Once fluent in these edits, the speed of synchronous modelling will far exceed anything you can do in a traditional ordered environment.
-Dylan Gondyke

N/A
Thank You @KennyG & @chally72.
I think using Synchronous for sketching is very good utilisation of Direct Modeling.
But what about stuff like concept design, editing neutral data?
Has anybody found use for such requirements?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Editing of neutral data is pretty much a no brainer for using Synch, and Concept design where gross geometric changes are occurring are a benefit of Synchronous. I think maybe it would be better to ask for what type of things are better suited for Ordered... Surfacing for sure (sketches in Synch though), Associative part references, complex rounding...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019